Australia’s largest food manufacturing industry event, foodpro is returning to Melbourne after a six year hiatus, running from 23 to 26 July.
Taking place at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, the trade event will showcase the latest developments in food manufacturing, both locally and overseas.
With more than 330 exhibitors showcasing their equipment, technologies, products and processes, the show floor will be divided into the following eight key zones:
- Processing and Packaging: The largest portion of the floor, where delegates can see manufacturing operations in action.
- Ingredients: Sample and source ingredients from across the world with this zone dedicated to suppliers and distributors.
- Food Science and Technology: Meet with providers of testing, analysis and compliance services offering science-based and technology-driven solutions.
- Plant Equipment: Features climate control, drainage, compressors, security systems and more.
- Packaging Materials: Offering solutions for bespoke line requirements, specific transport and storage needs and sustainability criteria.
- Logistics and Handling: In this new zone connect with logistics experts and test advancements in supply chain technology and equipment.
- IT and Digital Factories: New to foodpro, engage with businesses focusing on IOT, smart sensors, app developments and more.
- Government and Business Services: This zone will connect visitors with organisations that can support with recruitment, insurance, accounting and other essential business services.
Foodpro will also include a four day education program, with the Product Innovation Stage covering a range of topics including:
- Hygienic Design and Operational Excellence for the Food Industry
- Novel Ingredient Development from Upcycling
- Intellectual Property Relating to Product Innovation in the Food Sector
- Harnessing Digital Disruption to Transform Supply Chain
- Addressing Market Demand for Food and Beverage Insights
- It will also feature the PIDA Awards and WorldStar Packaging Award Winners.
Running alongside foodpro, from 24-25 July, is the Australia Institute of Food Science and Technology’s (AIFST) annual convention.
Also hosted at the Convention Centre, AIFST’s convention boasts an extensive program covering themes including food safety, new product development for sustainability, health and nutrition, advanced food manufacturing and the future of food regulation.
Organisations speaking at/contributing to the convention program include:
- The Leaf Protein Co
- University of Queensland
- Goodman Fielder