Vegan and plant-based lifestyle magazine, Nourish, has announced the winners of its annual Vegan Awards. The awards recognise excellence in animal-free products across the spectrum of food, drink, hospitality, fashion, and beauty.
Launched in 2020, the awards aim to be a “celebration of all the brands, products, and advocates that make our plant-based journeys easy, fun, delicious, nutritious, gorgeous, and abundant”, said Nourish digital editor and awards panellist, Catherine Laurence.
The finalists are chosen by a panel comprised of Laurence alongside author and journalist Katrina Fox, Vegan Australia board director Lucy Stegley, Collective Fashion Justice director Emma Håkansson, interiors architect Aline Dürr of Vegan Interior Design, PR and marketing professional Jessica Cotton of Plant Powered Press, Vegan Diaries podcaster Elizabeth Douglas, nutritionist, author and podcast host Simon Hill, and Vegan World Guides founder Renee Buckingham.
The finalists are put to a popular vote in which over 200, 000 people cast their ballots. Laurence thanked the panellists for their hard work and the public for its input and credited “every nominee working to create positive plant-based change” for the success of the awards.
QSR brand Lord of the Fries took out Best Casual Vegan Dining for the third year running, while Melbourne’s Smith & Daughters took out the Best Vegan Restaurant Dining award for which Sydney institutions Yellow and Bodhi were also in the mix.
You can listen to our podcast with Bodhi’s Heaven Leigh below.
Vegan food & beverage
- Best Vegan Ice Cream – Pana Organic
- Best Vegan Yoghurt – Cocobella
- Best Vegan Cheese – The Vegan Dairy
- Best Plant-Based Milk – So Good
- Best Vegan Spread – Nuttelex
- Best Vegan Sweet Snack – Health Lab
- Best Vegan Savoury Snack – Cobs
- Best Vegan Chocolate – Pana Organic
- Best Plant-Based Burger – Beyond Meat
- Best Alternative Meat – Vegie Delights
- Best Vegan Sausage – Vegie Delights
- Best Vegan Ready Meal– Nature’s Kitchen
- Best Vegan Frozen Meal– Nature’s Kitchen
- Best Vegan Wine – De Bortoli Wines
- Best in Vegan Casual Dining– Lord of the Fries
- Best in Vegan Restaurant Dining – Smith & Daughters
Vegan fashion & beauty
- Best in Vegan Fashion – Boody
- Best in Vegan Accessories – MIMCO
- Best in Vegan Footwear – VEJA
- Best Vegan Haircare – Ethique
- Best Vegan Skincare – Sukin
- Best Vegan Body Care – LUSH
- Best Vegan Personal Care– TOM Organic
- Best Vegan Makeup– INIKA Organic
Vegan living & wellness
- Best in Vegan Living – Zero Co
- Best in Vegan Wellness – Amazonia
- Vegan-Friendly Award – Patagonia
- People’s Choice Award – Loco Love
Vegan change maker
- Vegan Change Maker of the Year – Simon Hill
Panellist Jessica Cotton said the Nourish Vegan Awards served as an “opportunity to celebrate innovation and ingenuity within the plant-based space” and that they “created greater interest in the diverse range of vegan products and services that are accessible within Australia today”
Find the full list of finalists here and listen to our podcast with Arie Nudel from Lord of the Fries below.