The Asia-Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit will see 900 alt protein leaders from around the world congregate in Singapore for the three day event.
The Summit is the anchor event of Singapore International Agri-Food Week, aiming to bolster the capacity, security and resilience of Asia’s agri-food system.
Hosted at Marina Bay Sands, the event will welcome leaders in alternative proteins, aquaculture, agribusiness, CPG and ingredient manufacturing, investment and retail discussing the critical issues in agri-food now, and in the decade to come.
The program will comprise Ministerial keynotes, interactive panels, breakout sessions and tours of Singaporean agri-food facilities, and will also facilitate 1-1 meetings to encourage partnerships and collaborations.
The key themes for discussion include:
- Food Security – Addressing Supply Chain Disruptions and Building Resilience
- Ecosystem Building – Connecting the Dots across APAC
- Digital Transformation – De-risking Smallholder Farming with Agtech and Agri-Fintech
- Biologicals – Ensuring a Stable and Affordable Supply of Crop Protection and Nutrition
- CEA Resource Efficiency – Driving Technology and Policy Innovation for Energy Resilience
- Indoor Farming Genetics – Expanding the Supply Chain for Genetically Optimised Seeds
- Blue Food Production – Accelerating Digitisation and Circular Systems in Aquaculture
- New Trends in Plant-Based Protein – Advancing Processing for Localised Taste and Texture
- Cultivated Proteins – Scaling Contract Manufacturing Infrastructure to Build Capacity
- Precision Fermentation – Building Production Capacity to Secure Market Share in Asia
- Scale-Up Finance – New Investment Models Supporting AgTech and FoodTech
- Strategic Partnerships – Building Bridges for a Food-Secure and Crisis-Proof Food System
You can view the full program here. Guests can attend in person or virtually.
Some of the best minds in Australia’s alt protein sector will be amongst the event’s 215 speakers. These include:
- Jan Pacas, founder and CEO of All G Foods (listen to his podcast episode with Future Alternative here) – Panel // Fermentation: Kickstarting the Engine for Market Share Capitalisation in Asia
- Michal Klar, founding partner, Better Bite Ventures – Scale-Up Finance: New Investment Models Supporting FoodTech
- Michelle Colgrave, CSIRO, Future Protein Mission leader (listen to her podcast episode with Future Alternative here) – Advancing Sustainable Protein Scale-Up & Large-Scale Commercialisation
- Fern Ho, The Leaf Protein Co, co-founder and CEO (listen to her podcast episode with Future Alternative here) – Cooking Demo: Tasting the Foods of the Future
- Paul Bevan, Magic Valley co-founder, (listen to his podcast episode with Future Alternative here) – Innovation Showcase // The Start-Ups Raising the Stakes for FoodTech
- Phil Morle, Main Sequence Ventures, Partner – Innovation Showcase // AgTech Takes the Stage
- George Peppou, Vow, founder and CEO – Fireside Chat // Cultivated Meat: Getting the Consumer on Board
- Nick Hazell, v2food, founder and CEO (listen to his podcast episode with Future Alternative here) – Building a Thriving Agri-Food Innovation Ecosystem in Asia-Pacific
Other leading companies presenting at the event include:
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Green Rebel
- Aleph Farms
- Next Gen Foods
- Perfect Day
- Shiok Meats
- Tenacious Ventures